Kenya Water for Health Organization (KWAHO) is a national NGO founded in 1976 and has over 38 years of experience in implementing water, sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) activities in Kenya with a major goal of enhancing the health and the general well- being of low-income and marginalized communities and institutions.
KWAHO’s implementing capabilities are in diverse areas of WASH both at local and national levels in scope of major areas highlighted below:
• Water and Sanitation infrastructure development suitable for communities and schools in rural, peri-urban and urban (including slums) setups
• Hygiene promotion and education for behavior change
• Third party Certification in Open Defecation Free (ODF) Kenya campaign 2013 roadmap and beyond.
• Advocacy for Water and Sanitation governance through Human Rights based approach (HRBA) to programming in WASH governance focusing on Equity and Social Inclusion.
• Community and institutional capacity development for efficient and effective operation and management of water and sanitation infrastructure in rural and urban set-ups
• Linkages and networking for policy influencing and sharing of best practices in WASH.